Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Little Less Red in the Bible Belt

I'm so proud of my state for doing the right thing.

I sat up last night listening to the election returns, living as I do squarely in a neighborhood so Red that 2 years ago I worried that placing a Democrat candidate's sign in my yard might get me egged. Not all my candidates made it, but enough did that I feel downright relieved that perhaps this isn't the land of the pod people, that these nice folk really are paying attention--perhaps not to all the issues I care about but at least to debacles like prescription drug "choice" and the national debt and Iraq (at least some aspects of Iraq, such as the young people dying there).

So there it is. And now I'll log off and light a candle for Virginia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home