Thursday, September 21, 2006

Eating lamb spleens

How can this be good for my dogs?

I look at the list of ingredients on the fancy all-natural foods I give my dogs--both made from lamb because the fancy dog food literature talked me out of any product made from "chicken meal" or "chicken parts" which mean beaks and feathers and rejected flesh and bones and such and then there's the whole mad cow thing. But when I read ". . . lamb hearts, lamb lungs, lamb spleens . . ." on my dog food I have to pause. I mean it's bad enough that I'm supporting an industry that treats one cute, furry, domesticated species as agriculture to feed a more favored distant cousin. Somehow when I visualized the dogs eating sirloin steaks and lamb chops it didn't seem so bad.

But spleens?

Blaaaaaaaaa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home