Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Not so hot

OK, I haven't really begun Phase II. I've been spending the last few days mostly sitting on my butt typing reports and proposals and schedules and emails.

As crap accumulates around me.

Is my neglect of the household connected to my dog situation. As I've often said on this blog, I think Yes. But yet I still lose all sense of space and time when I'm home working on my computer. And tomorrow I'm back and forth to campus all day and night. So Phase 2 won't begin til Friday.

And in the interest of full disclosure, last night we had another thunder storm and Petunia ended up beneath my bed again, very late (I was up very late working on my computer) and once again I couldn't get her gently out from the bed so I let her remain there and in the wee hours of the morning I sensed she might be on the foot of my bed but was too foggy headed to investigate so I said "Off" a couple of times, just in case, and then by morning she was on my pillow for sure. And in my tranquility I decided it was nice to have her there for a change so let her stay and put my arm around her (I know, I'm an idiot) til I got up.

Today all was pretty much quiet except that Petunia growled once at Buddy across the baby gate and THEN, just now, there was a pre-altercation growling incident when Buddy began nosing around the fireplace (I removed the baby gates this evening because I lit a fire in there and figured the fire would be barrier enough) and as Buddy was nosing around the fireplace (fire still lit) Petunia stood directly across from him and growled. Good lord.

Is there a cause-effect scenario here?

I did walk them both this morning, in the rain. I made them sit before feeding them and so forth. But I've been lax and inconsistent (the bed thing was really too much but geeeeeeeze).

So here we are. I'm turning off my nice fireplace and lighting some incense instead.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home